In this week is happening in São Paulo – Brazil, the 10th edition of The Developers Conference(TDC). This event is all related to developers and the technologies that a developer can use.
With partners like IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon and others, this event put together all kind of peoples and nerds. Divided into tracks, where each track is a subject like: .Net, Internet of Things, Java, DevOps, PHP, Mobile, Golang, UX Design, and others that you can check here. One of the tracks was the 3DPrinting one. And I was invited to talk about Br-Print3D.
In this talk, I had the purpose of presenting the new work that we are doing in Br-Print3D. Including the new UI and the new back end.
I presented some of the goals that we have in this project:
The talk was very productive, I was able to hear from the people there(20+/-) what the issues that they have in 3DPrinting, in the use or not of the printer host, and I got some feedback in the new Ui and realized that we are on the right path in this new version. =)
I think that we have the capabilities to achieve the goal to have the beta version until September for all platforms. Also, we receive an invitation to after the beta version goes out, try to embed Br-Print3D in a Raspberry Pi and ***(it’s secret xD).
For me, the challenge will be again the work on the 3D Environment. I need to load the GCode file and render on the screen, so the user can see if everything is all right with the file. On the previous version I used VTK to do it, but was far from good. Now using QML for the Ui, I want to use the new Qt3D module, but I still need to reach the guys on IRC and learn from them what I need to do to make this environment.
Also, I was capable of testing, in the TDC, the new version of KI, the print kernel of Br-Print3D, that Ayrton’s started to develop in Randa using Qt. I was trying to understand his part, what he did, and the issues that he started to have, and share with my friends of ABC Makerspace, to see if we could have some solutions.
I got a problem using KI, some infinite loops, that I found where in the code was happening, but I wasn’t capable of discovering the why. The FilipeFlop guys borrow to me an Arduino, and I was able to make more tests to see what was the problem, and while I was doing the debugs, I put the 3DPrinter to print the logo of Global Code, the company that organizes the TDC event.
That’s all for now. I hope to bring some news soon =)